Diving in the Bay between Nosy Be and Nosy Sakatia
- Diving sites in a quiet area: The area facing the center, between the island of Sakatia and Nosy Be. Very sheltered from main winds (north and east). Practically currentless, this area is only slightly influenced by tidal currents. Shallow, the reefs peak at 6 / 9m from the surface, while the bottom drop reaches 20 / 23m, depending on the sites.
- main specificity: area very rich in "macro" Like the environment of these reefs is very calm, in addition to the natural richness of the reefs of Nosy Be, this facilitates the observation of the microfauna, which moves much more in the open than in hectic areas. Thus one can easily observe the leaf scorpion fish, ghost, seahorse, pegasus, rhinopias, or nudibranchs and other macro there.
- Living area of very frequent green turtles near Sakatia, some predators of the lagoon (king mackerel, trevally) are often passing through. From October, whales with their baby.
Diving on the fan corals plateaus of Nosy Be
- Arche's Plateau, Licorne, Rosario, Grand bancs ... a large number of dive sites on plateaus which culminate at 13 / 16m, the specificity of which is to be covered with fields of fans corals and tables, the foot dropping on 27 to 40m, depending on the dive sites. 60m and more on the edge of the fault. The steep slopes are pierced with caves, or cavities, covered with alcyonnaires, fans corals, home of hawkfish, fry, shrimp.
- Depending on the tides, at certain times, we're making drift dives because the currents can be important
- dive sites with "big stuff" passage: Apart from the daily possibility of meeting predators such as king mackerel, trevally, tuna, and sometimes sharks, from August to October, you can meet humpback whales who have come to give birth and are nursing their baby. From September to December, it is the turn of manta rays, mobula, then whale sharks to frequent these reefs to feed on plankton..
Diving on black coral reefs
- After the island of Sakatia, extends over 20 / 22m some dive sites on reefs covered with black corals, with sponges, creating a completely different atmosphere from other sites that can be found during diving around Nosy Be
- This area is very sensitive to currents, and can be comfortably dived only during low or high tides.
- Lots of sweetlips and snappers, some passing predators (king mackerel, aprion)
- Zone very rich in "macro" , black corals are always inhabited by shrimps, hawks, leaf fish, nudibranchs and other macro.
Diving on the sponge garden of Nosy Be
- Different diving sites over 12 / 17m extending over a sponge garden of a few hundred square meters, these sites are almost exclusively covered with several dozen different species of sponges of all sizes, in the middle of which a few reefs of corals.
- The dives are done according to the tides, because the currents can be important
- Excellent site for the macro, if the current is weak.